How to Register & Fees

Extended Education Registration

The guidelines below apply only to Extension classes. For other guidelines, see:

How to register for Extension courses

This is how you may register for extension courses offered by the College of Extended Education & Global Engagement (CEEGE), which are listed on this website and in the Extended Education bulletin. You may also see extension courses listed in local newspapers, in advertisements, on mailers, or hear about them on the radio. Follow the instructions below to register for an extension course.

NOTE: Registrations and payments will be processed in the order received.

  • ONLINE: Register for extension courses via the SECURE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM. Fee payment with VISA, Mastercard, Discover credit cards or electronic check will be required to process the registration.
  • BY PHONE: Register by phone with your MasterCard, VISA or Discover credit card: (707) 826-3731.
  • IN PERSON: Register for extension courses in person at the College of Extended Education & Global Engagement, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. The office is located in the second floor of the Cal Poly Humboldt Student and Business Services Building at the corner of Harpst and B Streets, in suite 211. If you have already downloaded and filled out the PDF REGISTRATION FORM, bring it with your payment. Checks, cash or VISA, Mastercard or Discover are accepted in person.
  • BY MAIL: Download a printable REGISTRATION FORM (PDF). Register by mail as soon as possible to help ensure enrollment in your choice of classes. Indicate credit card number and expiration date, or make check/money order payable to Cal Poly Humboldt and send with your completed registration form to:
    College of Extended Education & Global Engagement
    Cal Poly Humboldt
    1 Harpst St.
    Cal Poly Humboldt
    Arcata, CA 95521-8299

    You will be notified if your registration is received after a class is closed. If you register by mail, you will receive an e-mail confirmation.


Payment of Fees (All courses)

CEEGE can accept payment by check, money order or credit card. Please make all checks or money orders payable to Cal Poly Humboldt.

  • Full payment of fees is required at the time of registration.

NOTE: Instructors may exclude a student from attending courses if the student cannot provide proof of registration for the course.


A $25 fee will apply to late registrations. Refer to DEADLINES for critical deadlines.

(Subject to revision)


Per Unit: $300


Per Unit: $400

OVER 60 PROGRAM (Fall and spring only):

Up to 6 units:. $62


Noncredit Classes: As listed
Extension Credit,Per Unit: $195
Contract Credit, Per Unit: $85


Per Unit: $289

See Summer Session Fees for further details.


Per Unit: $300


Drop Fee: $20
Total withdrawal fee for degree and certificate programs: $30
Late Registration Fee: $25
ID Card (new or replacement): $5
Check Returned by Bank*: $25
Transcript: Refer to the Office of the Registrar website.

* A "returned check" charge is assessed for a check returned to Student Financial Services unpaid by the bank for any reason. There is a $25.00 fee for all returned checks, including "stop payments."  In accordance with the State Administrative Manual, Section 8023, all persons who have issued a check to the University that was dishonored by the bank may be required to make all further payments by cash, certified check, cashier's check or money order. Students may also be liable for punitive damages allowable through the California Civil Code, Chapter 522, Section 1719, which states that the maker of a dishonored check can be held liable for three times the amount of the check, or $100, whichever is more, up to $500, plus the face value of the check and court costs.