Finish your Bachelor's degree online.
Transfer up to 70 units of credit toward your degree from Cal Poly Humboldt.
Develop transferable leadership skills you need to reach your goals.
Students will gain foundational leadership skills in:
- critical thinking
- organizational transformation
Focused online courses.
By engaging in coursework that is 100% online, a Cal Poly Humboldt Leadership Studies student will:
- develop critical thinking skills for evaluating complex problems.
- improve leadership-oriented communication skills.
- collect, analyze and apply various types of data.
- integrate diverse perspectives into strategic leadership planning.
- develop and adjust organizational plans.
- consider HR-related tactics for improving workforces.
- practice strategic planning, sustainability and ethical leadership.
- develop and begin to implement a personal career plan.
Who should enroll?
The Leadership Studies degree completion program offers exceptional value and personalized support. The program is ideal for people who:
- have completed at least 60 and up to 70 units of lower division coursework.
- want to customize their learning experience to align with their current professional environment with an eye towards career advancement.
- may be affiliated with partner programs in retail management or the Office of the State Fire Marshall.
The Leadership Studies program uses an interdisciplinary approach to offer students a dynamic, public online education. The program builds leadership skills and strategies that promote an understanding of equity and inclusion for personal, community, and organizational transformation. Graduates have the skills and inspiration to be a positive and informed change agent.
- See Major Academic Plan
- Humboldt Leadership Studies Checklist (PDF*)
- Leadership Studies Degree Requirements Summary (PDF*)
*Adobe Reader or similar required to view, complete and print PDF files.
Since this video was made, as of Jan. 26, 2022, Humboldt State University became Cal Poly Humboldt, California’s third polytechnic university, and the first in Northern California. Learn more at humboldt.edu/polytechnic.