Week 1: July 17-23, 2022
Week 2: July 24-30, 2022
at Cal Poly Humboldt • Arcata, California USA
Applications received before May 15 deadline will be given week choice preference. Applications received after May 15 may not get first choice of weeks.
Tuition: $500. Please do not mail payment with application. After you have submitted your application, please pay a deposit (or full tuition) online here:
Applications received after June 1 will be accepted on an "instrumental need" basis. No applications will be accepted after June 15.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (including a booster shot) or a negative test result will be required for any workshop participant or visitor who is over the age of 12 accessing indoor and outdoor campus events. See details on this requirement below.
For more information about the workshop, see the BCMW FAQ page.
Optional campus housing
Pricing includes weekday meal plan (breakfast, lunch and dinner for Monday-Friday).
ONE WEEK (Sun.-Fri., 6 nights): Single $467/person; double $407/person
TWO WEEKS (Sun.-Fri., 13 nights): Single $981; double $851/person
Early or late stay, daily rate: Single $47/person; double $37/person (meals not included)
PARKING PERMIT: Weekly $17.50; daily $3.50
To reserve campus housing
Visit the Conferences & Events Services portal to reserve campus housing.
Vaccination Required for All Brass Chamber Music Workshop Participants, Visitors and Guests
- In order to best protect the campus and workshop community, proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all workshop participants.
- In addition to a full vaccination series, all will be required to have had a COVID-19 booster or history of a previous COVID 19 infection. Those without booster will also need to show evidence of a negative COVID-19 test obtained within 72 hours prior to arrival in the form of an email printout from the lab or screenshot of the message of the negative test result from the lab and to complete a rapid antigen test every 72 hours during their stay.
- Visitors of the workshop such as family members attending our evening program must meet the basic University requirements for COVID-19 vaccination. Anyone inviting off-campus visitors or guests should inform the invitee of all requirements. Instructions for visitors to have their vaccination credentials monitored will be given at the beginning of the workshop.
- All participants and any of their guests should complete a wellness self-check prior to coming to campus, and daily during their stay.
- Do not attend if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Follow Humboldt County and CDC health and safety guidelines.
- Workshop face mask policies will be reviewed and publicized shortly before the workshop based on community transmission rates current at that time, but will not be less that Cal Poly Humboldt face mask requirements in effect at the time of the workshop. Current University policy is that masks are optional on campus, but the workshop policy may be more stringent.
What can I show as a proof of vaccination?
You can show any of the following:
- Physical CDC Vaccination Card for COVID-19 or a photo/screenshot of your vaccination card
- State of California Digital COVID-19 Vaccination Record
- A printout from any state health department or physician's office with your vaccination information stated clearly
General questions about the BCMW including applications:
Workshop Director: Tony Clements
Phone: (408) 410-8193 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration/payment information and website issues:
Cal Poly Humboldt
College of Extended Education & Global Engagement
1 Harpst St.
Arcata, CA 95521-8299
Phone: (707) 826-3731