How to Apply
Extended Application deadline is April 1, 2022.
[PDF, 3 pages: Requires the free Adobe Reader to view, save, and print.]
Before you apply, please read the information letter included in the application packet, as it contains essential information.
After downloading and completing the application, e-mail it to HCMW Director, Terrie Baune. Her address is on the form.
All applications received by April 1 will be held until then, and subsequently reviewed by the director and associate director. You should expect to receive notice of acceptance by no later than April 20. If you haven't heard by then, contact Terrie Baune.
Instrumental balance is the crucial consideration for each workshop week. The more flexible you can be regarding weeks you are able to attend, the easier it is to put rosters together, and the better your chances for acceptance (this holds especially true for first-time applicants).
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (including a booster shot) or a negative test result will be required for any workshop participant or visitor who is over the age of 12 accessing indoor and outdoor campus events. See details on this requirement below.
2022 Workshop Fee: $500 (Subject to change. It does not include $15 facilities fee for pianists)
Includes $100 deposit. The deposit is non-refundable and DUE ONLY UPON NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE.
Accepted participants may pay their workshop registration fee online.
Housing Reservations & Fees
Housing forms will be sent with acceptance notifications.
2022 HCMW Campus Housing Rates
Single Occupancy Rooms (including Monday-Friday meal plan [breakfast, lunch & dinner])
- One Week (Sunday-Saturday, 6 nights) $504
- Two Weeks (Sunday-Saturday, 13 nights) $1,092
- Three Weeks (Sunday-Saturday, 20 nights) $1,680
Double Occupancy Rooms (including Monday-Friday meal plan [breakfast, lunch & dinner])
- One Week (Sunday-Saturday, 6 nights) $444
- Two Weeks (Sunday-Saturday, 13 nights) $962
- Three Weeks (Sunday-Saturday, 20 nights) $1,480
Early or late stay, daily rate (no meals included)
- Single $47/person
- Double $37/person
Bedding and towels are provided, but you'll need to bring extra towels, your toiletries, alarm clock, and a reading lamp.
Online payment for housing is separate from registration.
The link to the housing reservation portal will be available here later in spring. Please check back.
See the Travel page for driving directions.
Financial aid may be available, and is made possible by the continuing generosity of workshop participants via the Tom Phillips Trust. Distributions will be made in June based on information gathered from a questionnaire sent in May to accepted applicants. Email director Terrie Baune for details.
Full Vaccination Required for All Humboldt Chamber Music Participants, Visitors and Guests
- In order to best protect the campus community, proof of COVID-19 vaccination (including a booster shot) or a negative test result will be required for any workshop participant or visitor who is over the age of 12, accessing indoor and outdoor campus events, unless they are staff, faculty, or a student.
- Anyone inviting off-campus visitors or guests should inform the invitee of all requirements.
- Complete a wellness self-check prior to coming to campus and/or the meeting.
- Do not attend if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Wear face masks indoors, regardless of vaccination or test status, and also in outdoor settings if you cannot maintain 6 feet social distance.
- Follow Humboldt County and CDC health and safety guidelines.
Attendees and visitors will have the option of showing:
- proof of full vaccination including booster shot.
- OR proof of a negative test result within 72 hours of arrival.
- OR a Cal-State or University of California staff, faculty, or student ID.
Regardless of vaccination status or test status, all attendees or visitors age 2 and older must wear a mask at all times while on campus.
What can I show as a proof of vaccination?
You can show any of the following:
- Physical CDC Vaccination Card for COVID-19 or a photo/screenshot of your vaccination card
- State of California Digital COVID-19 Vaccination Record
- A printout from any state health department or physician's office with your vaccination information stated clearly
What do I show as proof of a negative test?
Any photo/screenshot that shows the date of the test result and the date the test was taken or a printout of an official email from a lab with the test results and testing date clearly printed.