Week 1: July 2-7
Week 2: July 9-14
How to Apply
The 2023 application is online. Note that we will not email applications this year. If you need an alternate way to apply, please contact Terrie Baune, workshop director, for assistance.
All applications received by April 15 will be held until then and reviewed by the director after the deadline. You should expect to receive notice of acceptance by no later than April 30. You can email Terrie Baune at email@example.com at any time to check the status of your application.
Instrumental balance is the crucial consideration for each workshop week. The more flexible you can be regarding which week you are able to attend, the easier it is for us to put rosters together and the better your chances for acceptance (this holds especially true for first-time applicants).
All applicants must be over 18 years of age. If you are under 18, we recommend that you contact the Sequoia Chamber Music Workshop, a similar program for young musicians.
2023 Workshop Fee: $500 (Subject to change. It does not include $15 facilities fee for pianists)
Includes $100 deposit. The deposit is non-refundable and DUE ONLY UPON NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE.
Accepted participants may pay their workshop registration fee online. Please check back for link to the payment portal.
Housing Reservations & Fees
There is a new procedure for on-campus housing, meals, and parking permits as of 2023. All participants must arrange their housing directly with the housing desk at the Conference & Event Services. We will no longer have the capacity to fulfill your requests about your housing and meals. You will need to direct all questions and requests about stairs, etc., to Conference & Event Services. We will send information about how to contact Conference & Event Services with your acceptance notification, but feel free to contact them sooner than that with any questions you have about the process and the fees. If you are not able to afford to arrange for your own housing and need financial aid for this as well as for the registration fee, please contact Terrie Baune at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the Travel page for driving directions.
Financial aid may be available, and is made possible by the continuing generosity of workshop participants via the Tom Phillips Trust. Distributions will be made in June based on information gathered from a questionnaire sent in May to accepted applicants. Contact Terrie Baune at email@example.com for details.
Full Vaccination Required for All Humboldt Chamber Music Participants, Visitors and Guests
- In order to best protect the campus community, proof of COVID-19 vaccination (including a booster shot) or a negative test result will be required for any workshop participant or visitor who is over the age of 12, accessing indoor and outdoor campus events, unless they are staff, faculty, or a student.
- Anyone inviting off-campus visitors or guests should inform the invitee of all requirements.
- Complete a wellness self-check prior to coming to campus and/or the meeting.
- Do not attend if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Wear face masks indoors, regardless of vaccination or test status, and also in outdoor settings if you cannot maintain 6 feet social distance.
- Follow Humboldt County and CDC health and safety guidelines.
Attendees and visitors will have the option of showing:
- proof of full vaccination including booster shot.
- OR proof of a negative test result within 72 hours of arrival.
- OR a Cal-State or University of California staff, faculty, or student ID.
Regardless of vaccination status or test status, all attendees or visitors age 2 and older must wear a mask at all times while on campus.
What can I show as a proof of vaccination?
You can show any of the following:
- Physical CDC Vaccination Card for COVID-19 or a photo/screenshot of your vaccination card
- State of California Digital COVID-19 Vaccination Record
- A printout from any state health department or physician's office with your vaccination information stated clearly
What do I show as proof of a negative test?
Any photo/screenshot that shows the date of the test result and the date the test was taken or a printout of an official email from a lab with the test results and testing date clearly printed.
View the Campus Guest Vaccination Policy here.