The Equine Assisted Services and Therapies program is a series of experiential courses that combine online and hands on learning in a therapeutic equine setting. The goal is to teach students in education and health related fields how to add an equine component to their work. Equine welfare, professionalism and safety are emphasized throughout the program.
- Introduction to Equine Assisted Services and Therapies
- Equine Selection, Training and Management for Therapeutic Settings
- Equine Services and Therapies for Survivors of Trauma
- Providing Equine Assisted Services and Therapies for Veterans
- Designing Equine Therapy Programs for Individuals with Autism [to be offered Summer 2023]
- Treatment Planning in Therapeutic Equine Settings
- Family and Group Applications in Therapeutic Equine Programs
Program is under the direction of Dr. Terri Jennings, psychologist, and owner of Healing Strides Psychotherapy, Inc., a practice working with children.