Here you will find information about resources and services for international students.
- Study in the States
- Student to student: Studying in the States
- Online Dormitory Suppliers
- Off-Campus Housing
- The Off-Campus Housing Liaison offers an assortment of support and services to students who need help finding housing off-campus, as well as provide assistance with landlord and roommate issues.
- Instructions on how to get HSU ID Card
- Hooked on Humboldt
- List of local banks in Arcata/what you will need to open a U.S. bank account (PDF)
- Jack Pass - HSU's Jack Pass enables students to travel on Humboldt County bus systems for free. Save car and parking expenses, and help protect the environment at the same time!
- Zipcar - Rent a car when you need one.
- Local Taxi Companies
- Arcata and Mad River Transit System (A&MRTS) Bus Schedules
- Redwood Transit System - a bus system that offers services between Trinidad (north) and Scotia (south).
- Walking - Students can walk almost anywhere in Arcata from campus.
Looking for something to do? Check out the following websites.
- Visit Humboldt - Things to do, places to stay, get to know the county
- Humboldt County Parks and Trails
U.S. Healthcare System Overview
This video teaches international students how to prepare for their arrival in the U.S., how the U.S. healthcare system works and how students should seek medical care appropriately if they become sick or injured.
Please visit www.internationalstudentinsurance.com/explained/ for more information.
Mental Health Awareness for International Students
This short video introduces the concepts of mental health for international students in the U.S. Covering mental health awareness and warning signs, dispelling myths, and showing ways to seek treatment, the video seeks to demystify a complex topic.
Please visit internationalstudentinsurance.com/explained/ for more information.