Form DS-2019

To receive a form DS-2019 and enter the U.S. in J-1 student status, students must first apply for admission to Humboldt State University. If the student is applying to an exchange program at Cal Poly Humboldt, they will be considered a non-degree student and must apply for admission through the exchange program.

If a student is applying for a degree program, an international student application is required. The Form DS-2019 supports applications for J-1 visas, requests to change to J-1 status and entering the U.S. in J-1 status.

It is the responsibility of every student to ensure that Form DS-2019 remains accurate and complete. In particular, section 3, the program dates. If the program end date will expire before completion of your J-1 studies, you must contact International Programs at the College of Extended Education & Global Engagement (CEEGE) to apply for a program extension before the expiration date.

Page 1 of Form DS-2019 must be signed by a responsible officer in International Programs/CEEGE during any semester of foreign travel after initial admission. Students should visit International Programs/CEEGE about two weeks before planned foreign travel to obtain the requisite signature. Form DS-2019 must be presented at the port of entry when a student re-enters the U.S.

Page 1 of Form DS-2019 also includes Academic Training Authorization endorsements. A student may engage in authorized Academic Training employment once in possession of an Academic Training endorsed DS-2019.