Graduate applicants are advised to contact their specific graduate departments directly for additional requirements, documents, minimum grade point averages, and application deadlines.
Graduate applicants must satisfy admission requirements for both their academic department and international admissions.
- Application Fee of U.S. $70.00 (non-refundable) can be paid online when applying on Cal State Apply.
- The following program is not open to international applicants as it is offered in a modality no in compliance with immigration regulations: MA Education
STEP 2: Submit the Certification of Financial Support.
STEP 3: Submit Official Transcripts of Academic Records (translated to English)
We can use unofficial copies to move forward with an evaluation and admission decision/offer. If you'd like to expedite the review process, please email unofficial test score and transcript copies to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All test scores must be sent to us directly from the examination company.
- Score reports that were issued to students will not be accepted.
- We accept many different tests. To see the list, view here
STEP 5: Send Photocopy of your passport
STEP 6: Submit Student Consent for Release of Information if you are an agent submitting an application on behalf of the student.
STEP 7: Email or mail your application materials to:
College of Extended Education & Global Engagement
Cal Poly Humboldt - LIB 203
1 Harpst Street
Arcata, CA 95521-8299 USA
STEP 8: Check Your Email
- We will email you after we review your application.
- If you do not receive an email, make sure to check your Spam or Junk Folder.
An international applicant may be admitted to a campus as an unclassified post-baccalaureate student if the applicant satisfies the requirements of each of the three following lettered subdivisions:
a. The applicant holds an acceptable bachelor's degree earned at an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association, or the applicant has completed equivalent academic preparation; and
b. The applicant has satisfied any one of the following:
1. GPA of at least 2.5 in an acceptable earned bachelor's degree,
2. GPA of at least 2.75 in the last 60 semester units (90 quarter units) attempted;
3. The applicant holds an acceptable post baccalaureate degree earned at an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association;
c. The applicant was in good standing at the last institution of higher education attended.
Master's applicants must satisfy admission requirements from both the major department and International Programs.
3-Year Bachelor's Degree Information
- Accepted for some students
- Must have a Bologna-compliant degree
- Indian Schools: 3-year degree must be from a recognized and accredited institution with a Division I, NAAC grade of A. If this is not the case then the 3-year degree must be accompanied by a PGD from an institution that is accredited or recognized by the NAAC and/or AICTE. Or, a 3-year bachelor's degree and a 2-year Indian master's degree (with at least 50% in marks obtained) from NAAC accredited institution will be accepted.
- If students have a WES (or approved foreign evaluation service evaluation) that indicates they have an equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree, Humboldt will honor the WES (or other) evaluation.
Pre-evaluations cannot be made. Students must formally apply before credentials will be evaluated.
Graduate programs have earlier application deadlines, and may require department specific applications or supporting materials. Please contact the department you are interested in for more information. While most program deadlines are early, some are too late to support international applicants with post-admit visa steps. For programs with later deadlines, please note that the final deadline to submit an international application for fall is April 1st (October 1st for spring cycles). Even if the department deadline is later, we cannot accept international applications beyond these final deadline dates.
After your file is pre-evaluated in International Programs, it is forwarded to the graduate department for the admission decision. Your application must be complete by the application deadline.