International students currently studying at a college or university that has an approved bilateral exchange agreement with Humboldt State University (HSU) and who are interested in attending HSU can participate in the Bilateral Exchange Program (BEP). Students need approval from the home university prior to applying.
Student from partner institutions where HSU cannot accept exchange students at this time may study at Humboldt State University through the Semester at Humboldt Program (SHP) at the reduced rate of $4,500 for tuition and $374 for fees per semester. The application fee is also waived. Students need approval from the home university prior to applying.
If your university does not have an agreement with HSU, you can study with us for a semester (or year) through the HSU Study California Program.
Exchange students are advised to bring their unofficial transcripts with them to campus. It will be required if you wish to enroll in an HSU class that has a pre-requisite. Without proof of completion of a pre-requisite class or classes as notated on a transcript, you may not have the opportunity to enroll.
All exchange students are enrolled in California State University (CSU) Healthlink program and are charged a fee each semester.
- Exchange Student Application (Bilateral Exchange and Semester at Humboldt)
2. Transcripts: Please provide scanned copies of your current college transcripts. Exchange students do not have to send official transcripts to HSU with their application.
3. Proof of English language capabilities: This verification is provided by faculty in the English department of the partner institution. The verification will be in the form of a document, or in a letter, which clearly states that you are capable of participating in an academic program taught in English. You do not have to provide this letter if you are from a country where English is the official language.
4. Certification of Financial Support: You must provide documentation showing that you or your sponsor have sufficient funds to support your exchange while you at HSU. This can be in the form of a letter from your bank or your sponsor's bank, in English.
5. Photocopy of your passport.
- All supporting materials can be uploaded when you complete the application.
- If you were not able to upload your supporting documents at the time you applied, please email them to email@example.com.
- All documentation must be legible and dated no earlier than 3 months prior to the time of submission.
- Scanned and faxed documents are acceptable. HSU will request original financial documents if the scanned or faxed copies are not legible or if their authenticity is questionable.
When you have been admitted to HSU, you will be sent a DS2019 and a letter of admission. These documents, and financial documentation, must be presented to the U.S. Consulate or Embassy during the interview for the visa. You need to keep copies of all documents submitted.
|Term you wish to begin||Apply by|
|Fall (August - December)||April 1|
|Spring (January - May)||October 1|