Propose to Teach a Course for Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Cal Poly Humboldt (OLLI at Humboldt)
Thank you for your interest in proposing to teach a course with OLLI at Humboldt!
OLLI brings together experienced and interesting professionals with a motivated group of learners. Classes have no homework or tests, and the most successful classes are those which are interactive and which respect and include the life experience of the members.
We are no longer accepting OLLI Spring 2024 Course proposals. (Please check back for the summer course proposal form.)
Spring 2024 classes will be held beginning March and running through May. Please note: No classes will be offered on Mondays between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. No classes are held on holidays or when the Cal Poly Humboldt campus is closed.
All OLLI instructors must be a current member of OLLI and should have taken at least one OLLI class prior to submitting a course proposal.
If you are new to teaching for OLLI or the College of Extended Education & Global Engagement, please email a résumé or curriculum vitae to OLLI at email@example.com, or mail to Cal Poly Humboldt, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, 1 Harpst St., Arcata, CA 95521.
How it works:
- You propose a course, including a brief description, your preferred meeting dates and times.
- After you submit the course proposal form, OLLI will notify you with a Notice of Receipt of OLLI class proposal, which will inform you of what to expect and the next steps.
- Once the course is accepted, OLLI provides marketing, registers students, and collects payment.
- The OLLI staff will set up and provide the link to online classes using the Zoom conferencing platform. An OLLI host will open each meeting, and you can choose the level of help you would like. We offer Zoom online orientation and training to all instructors and students by request.
- You teach your course to a fabulous community of lifelong learners.
- You are paid 50% of the income generated from the course.
Thank you for staying connected with OLLI at Cal Poly Humboldt!
Brown Bag Lunch Presentation Proposals
We are accepting proposals to present FREE Brown Bag Presentations on Mondays. If you would like to offer a community presentation, please use this form: