Propose to Teach a Course for Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Cal Poly Humboldt (OLLI at Humboldt)
Thank you for your interest in proposing to teach a course with OLLI at Humboldt!
OLLI brings together experienced and interesting professionals with a motivated group of learners. Classes have no homework or tests, and the most successful classes are those which are interactive and which respect and include the life experience of the members.
Summer term classes can be in-person or online between July 17 through August 11.
You can also propose to teach with us at our Summer Camp which will be offered from August 21-25 at the Wolf Creek Outdoor Education Center.
The deadline to submit a proposal to teach in either or both programs this summer has been extended to Monday, April 24.
If you have already submitted your proposal, thank you.
Below are the links to the course proposal forms:
- OLLI Summer Course Proposal Form (July 17-Aug. 11)
- Back to Camp: Lifelong Learning in the Redwoods (Aug. 21-25)
OLLI members tell us they would like classes to be both online and in-person. Some members will only attend online courses and some will only attend in-person classes. If you would like to offer your class to both audiences, please make a note in the comments so we can schedule your class(es) -- one in-person and one online -- on two different dates and times.
We are also accepting proposals to present FREE Brown Bag Presentations on Mondays this summer and fall. If you would like to offer a community presentation, please use this form.
All OLLI instructors must be a current member of OLLI and should have taken at least one OLLI class prior to submitting a course proposal.
If you are new to teaching for OLLI or the College of Extended Education & Global Engagement, please email a résumé or curriculum vitae to Kim Laney, OLLI Coordinator, at email@example.com, or mail to Cal Poly Humboldt, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, 1 Harpst St., Arcata, CA 95521.
How it works:
- You propose a course, including a brief description, your preferred meeting dates and times.
- After you submit the course proposal form, OLLI will notify you with a Notice of Receipt of OLLI class proposal, which will inform you of what to expect and the next steps.
- Once the course is accepted, OLLI provides marketing, registers students, and collects payment.
- The OLLI staff will set up and provide the link to online classes using the Zoom conferencing platform. An OLLI host will open each meeting, and you can choose the level of help you would like. We offer Zoom online orientation and training to all instructors and students by request.
- You teach your course to a fabulous community of lifelong learners.
- You are paid 50% of the income generated from the course.
Thank you for staying connected with OLLI at Cal Poly Humboldt!