Propose to Teach a Course for Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Cal Poly Humboldt (OLLI at Humboldt)
Thank you for your interest in proposing to teach a course with OLLI at Humboldt!
OLLI brings together experienced and interesting professionals with a motivated group of learners. Classes have no homework or tests, and the most successful classes are those which are interactive and which respect and include the life experience of the members.
Spring 2023 classes will be held beginning in March and running through mid-May. We anticipate offering both in-person and online classes.
Deadline for course proposal submissions is Nov. 18.
Please note: No classes will be offered on Mondays between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., on holidays, or when the Cal Poly Humboldt campus is closed. Holiday closures include Cesar Chavez Day on March 31
All OLLI instructors must be a current member of OLLI and should have taken at least one OLLI class prior to submitting a course proposal.
If you are new to teaching for OLLI or the College of Extended Education & Global Engagement, please email a résumé or curriculum vitae to Kim Laney, OLLI Coordinator, at email@example.com, or mail to Cal Poly Humboldt, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, 1 Harpst St., Arcata, CA 95521.
Thank you for staying connected with OLLI at Cal Poly Humboldt!
How it works:
- You propose a course, including a brief description, your preferred meeting dates and times.
- After you submit the course proposal form, OLLI will notify you with a Notice of Receipt of OLLI class proposal, which will inform you of what to expect and the next steps.
- Once the course is accepted, OLLI provides marketing, registers students, and collects payment.
- The OLLI staff will set up and provide the link to online classes using the Zoom conferencing platform. An OLLI host will open each meeting, and you can choose the level of help you would like. We offer Zoom online orientation and training to all instructors and students by request.
- You teach your course to a fabulous community of lifelong learners.
- You are paid 50% of the income generated from the course.