Propose to Teach a Course for Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI)
Thank you for your interest in proposing to teach a course for OLLI at HSU. OLLI welcomes dynamic and engaging instructors to teach classes. Classes in various disciplines will be considered.
OLLI brings together experienced and interesting professionals with a motivated group of learners in 4- to 6-week classes or shorter workshops. Classes have no homework or tests, and the most successful classes are those which are interactive and which respect and include the life experience of the members.
All OLLI instructors must be a current member of OLLI, and should have taken at least one OLLI class prior to submitting a course proposal.
How it works:
- You propose a course, including a brief description, your preferred meeting dates and times.
- Once the course is accepted, OLLI arranges facilities & marketing, registers students and collects payment.
- You teach your course to a fabulous community of lifelong learners.
- You are paid 50% of the income generated from the course.
If you have not previously taught for OLLI at HSU or the College of Extended Education & Global Engagement, please send a résumé or curriculum vitae to Kim Laney, OLLI coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Humboldt State University, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, 1 Harpst St., Arcata, CA 95521.
Course proposals are collected and reviewed by the OLLI coordinator, members of the OLLI Curriculum Committee, and the OLLI director.
Course selection criteria are based upon the following standards. Ideally the course will:
- include an academic/intellectual component;
- offer new skills/ideas to enhance life;
- explore a topic(s) of interest to OLLI membership;
- highlight feature aspects of our community (artistic, economic, environmental);
- allow OLLI members access to University level research and instructors from HSU and beyond.
Spring 2020 Term: March 2-May 22
Please ensure your class start date is within the term dates listed above.
If you are interested in proposing a course for our Spring 2020 term, please submit your course proposal no later than Dec. 13.
Instructors can propose up to three unique courses per term. If you would like to propose more than one course, you will need to use a new form for each course proposal.
Please note: You do not need to fill out an additional proposal form for the same course if it is being offered more than once. If you would like to offer the same course, multiple times in the same term, please use the comment field in the "meeting date and time tab" on the form to indicate the date and location of the additional course proposed offering.
You will need to create a user name and password to access the form. Once you have logged in, you can return to the form at any time to make changes and you can more easily print out a copy of your proposal.