OLLI brings together experienced and interesting professionals with a motivated group of learners in 4- to 6-week classes or shorter workshops. Classes have no homework or tests, and the most successful classes are those which are interactive and which respect and include the life experience of the members.
We are currently in the planning phase for our Fall 2018 program. If you are interested in teaching with us, please fill out the form and we will be in touch with next steps.
How it works:
- You propose a course, including a brief description, your preferred meeting dates & times.
- Once the course is accepted, OLLI arranges facilities & marketing, registers students & collects payment.
- You teach your course to a fabulous community of lifelong learners.
- You are paid 50% of the income generated from the course.
Course proposals are collected and reviewed by the OLLI director and members of the OLLI Curriculum Committee.
Please note: All OLLI instructors must be a current member of OLLI and should have taken at least one OLLI class prior to submitting a course proposal.
Course selection criteria are based upon the following standards. The course ideally will:
- include an academic/intellectual component.
- offer new skills/ideas to enhance life.
- explore a topic(s) of interest to OLLI membership.
- highlight feature aspects of our community (artistic, economic, environmental).
- allow OLLI members access to University level research and instructors from HSU and beyond.
Course proposals need not address all these standards for selection — however, the more the better!
Please ensure your class start date is within the term dates listed above. We do not offer classes on holidays.
If you have not previously taught for OLLI at HSU or the College of Extended Education & Global Engagement, please send a résumé or curriculum vitae to Sheila Rocker Heppe, OLLI Director: email@example.com or to Humboldt State University, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, 1 Harpst St., Arcata, CA 95521.