Official Transcripts and Translations

Prospective students must provide official transcripts from all schools and universities attended. Official transcripts are those sent in sealed envelopes directly from the issuing institution to the International Center, to the attention of the International Evaluator. Copies of transcripts sent by applicants or any other source will be considered unofficial and will not be accepted.

Transcripts in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official English translation. The translations must also be sent in a sealed envelope directly from the issuing translator directly to Cal Poly Humboldt.

All transcripts should reflect a detailed statement of the courses completed, the amount of time spent on each course, the grade earned, and an explanation of the grading system used. Any degree, certificate, or diploma awarded should be clearly indicated and included if possible.

For students from countries where schools issue only one original record to the student for all future use, you must submit copies of all required documents, each of which must have been compared with and certified as a true copy of the original document by an appropriate school or government official. You will be required to present the original document for verification to the International Center prior to registration.

  • First time freshmen are required to submit one copy of secondary school records and evidence of graduation.
  • Lower division applicants are required to submit one copy of secondary school records with evidence of graduation as well as all college/university records.
  • Upper division transfer applicants are required to submit one copy of all post-secondary school records.

Transcripts should be emailed to or mailed to the following address:

International Student Admissions
Center for International Programs
Cal Poly Humboldt
1 Harpst St.
Arcata, CA 95521-8299