This event is free to the campus and community members to attend. Please see the calendar for more information.
Students, 1 Unit Credit
There is an option to receive one unit of credit by registering for the IEW Colloquium through one of the following departments:
- Anthropology (ANTH 387)
- Communication (COMM 387)
- Economics (ECON 387)
- Geography (GEOG 387)
- History (HIST 387)
- International Studies (INTL 387)
- Political Science (PS 387)
Community members and non-degree seeking students may also receive one unit of optional credit (CR/NC) by registering through HSU Open University, at the College of eLearning & Extended Education.
- Mandatory Meeting for those enrolled for academic credit:
Spring 2020 meeting date coming soon
- Download Passport: Entire calendar, required for colloquium students
Faculty, Staff, Presenters
If you are interested in sharing your global expertise, you are welcome to present during the week. Ways that you can be involved include:
- Present your international research
- Chair a panel of students who participated in a summer study abroad program
- Host an internationally themed film, followed by a discussion
- Consider holding your regular lecture (with global topics) as part of the event
- Use IEW attendance for extra credit or make-up assignments
- Encourage anyone to attend!
If you are a Faculty member, you might consider moving your internationally themed lecture to a larger room to allow participants of International Education Week to join the lecture for the day. If you have been conducting research internationally, this would be a great opportunity to share your studies. If you have studied or taught in different regions of the world, you may share your findings with participants of the event.