Over 60 Program

Registration opens August 15

If you are age 60 or older and a California resident, you are invited to participate in the Cal Poly Humboldt Over 60 Program during the fall and spring semesters. You must be a current resident of California, and have lived in California for at least one year.

The CSU system accepts only non-matriculated new students in the Over 60 Program.

The Over 60 program does not accept students for summer session. This information applies to fall and spring semesters only.

Cost and services available through the Over 60 Program are subject to change without notice.


The fee is $62/semester. Participants may take up to 6 units per semester. If you are a new student, you may pay an additional $5 fee for a Humboldt ID Card.

The Over 60 Program fees only apply to regular University courses –- they do not apply to Extended Education courses or OLLI (Osher Lifelong Learning Institute). You must pay the fees for these courses separately and in full.


  1. Registration is on a space-available basis. There will be a limited number of face-to-face courses being offered within a specific timeframe and those classes must have space available in order for you to enroll; we cannot override enrollment limits for face-to-face classes.
  2. Select the courses you want from the listing in the regular Humboldt Schedule of Classes.
  3. E-mail the instructor to obtain permission to take the course and request a permission number.
  4. Submit an online registration within the first two weeks of the class in order to avoid a late fee. (See deadlines.) Enter the permission number in the appropriate space on the registration form. Once you submit the registration, you will be taken to a payment portal. You must make payment in order to complete the registration. (Note that while you have the first two weeks to enroll without a late fee, you will not have access to an online course until you complete the registration process.)

Over 60 Program Online Registration Form

General Information about the Over 60 Program

Credit/No Credit/Audit

Classes are available on a "credit/no credit" or letter grade mode. You can also choose to "audit" the class. In order to change grade mode to credit/no credit or audit, please e-mail a grade mode change form to the College of Extended Education & Global Engagement with your registration date.

You can also choose to take the class without receiving a grade, or "audit", the class. Auditing a class still requires registration and payment.

Dropping/Adding a Class

If you wish to add a class, or decide to stop going to class during a semester, you must do so prior to the deadline at Dates to Remember.

ID Card & Library

As a participant in the Over 60 Program, you are entitled to Humboldt library privileges with the use of your student ID card.

A Humboldt ID is available for $5, which can be included with registration fees.

Your name and Humboldt ID number will be provided to the Humboldt library.

New students need to make arrangements at the Humboldt library for having a picture taken for the ID.

ID Card photos are taken in the Humboldt library (Fall/Spring, subject to change):
Monday-Thursday: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 6-9 p.m. or by appointment by calling 707-826-5601.

Refund Policy

Please read the refund policy at Drops and Refunds.

Transportation Services

The Jack Pass provides unlimited access to buses of the Arcata and Mad River Transit System, the Redwood Transit System and the Eureka Transit System. It is available with a current Humboldt ID and the payment of a $60 fee. This fee is paid at the Student Financial Services office located on the second floor of the Student Business Services building.

Other Privileges

Those enrolled in the Over 60 Program through Extended Education & Global Engagement will also be entitled to Humboldt computer lab privileges, educationally-priced hardware and software from the Humboldt Bookstore, and discounted admission to Humboldt athletic events.

Also, Over 60 students may purchase access to the Humboldt Student Recreation Center for $73/semester. Payment is accepted directly at the Student Recreation Center. Thereafter, these privileges will be available when you show your Humboldt ID card.

Emergency Services

Health benefits are not available to students in the Over 60 Program. Emergency services are available at the Student Health Center: 826-3146 or by calling 911.

More Questions?

If you have questions regarding the Over 60 Program, please contact the College of Extended Education & Global Engagement at (707) 826-3731, or e-mail.

Cost and services available through the Over 60 Program are subject to change without notice.


See the complete Humboldt schedule of classes


Over 60 Program Online Registration Form